With his last EP on Keinemusik, &ME displays himself once again as a supplier of anthems for the floor. After the massive success of „After Dark“, he continues to knock out classic material in the form of Catlogue number KM028, his brand new Trilogy EP.
The titletrack on A starts with a synth arpeggio behind a kick that in dryness is hard to beat. The beat of „Trilogy“ is then seasoned with rimshot patterns until the saturated bassdrum comes in and paves the way to the dancefloor. &ME even refines his knack for stoic grooves on this jam and once again shows his natural skill for refined vocal features. Sabotas croon is smooth and hypnotic yet still effectively appeals to the collective mentality of a clubcrowd.
On the flipside, “Woods” is lives up to its name from the very beginning. Woody percussions are thumping within an almost subtropical scenario that’s frequently visited by mighty synth clouds. Once again, there’s an arpeggio sneaking in that varies between taking the lead in this strictly instrumental affair. Add a break build up that will enduce a floor’s complete euphoric potential without going for the rather mindless escalation and there you have it: a B-side that’s actually more of an A-competitor.
08. Jul – &ME – DC10 – Ibiza ES
10. Jul – &ME – Bootleg Bar – Tel Aviv – IL
11. Jul – &ME – Automatique – Augsburg DE
11. Jul – &ME – Feel Festival – Lichterfeld DE
12. Jul – &ME – Whoosah – Scheveningen – NL
17. Jul – &ME – Watergate – Berlin DE
18. Jul – &ME – Hype O Dream – Waregem BE
24. Jul – &ME – Sunshine Festival – Greussen DE
25. Jul – &ME – Hinterhof – Basel CH
01. Aug – &ME – D! Club – Lausanne CH
18. Aug – &ME – Sonus Festival – Novalja HR
21. Aug – &ME – Studio 80 – Amsterdam NL
22. Aug – &ME – B My Lake – Zamardi HU